I love to bake. Hate to cook, love to bake. But, in the fall my baking goes crazy. The house is always full of yummy treats to make you gain an extra few pounds. So, today I’m going to give you one of my favorite zucchini bread recipes. I don’t even remember where I got this one, its written on an old piece of paper I keep in my drawer. Lol
All right, You ready?
Here is what you need.
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons of cinnamon (I use just a bit extra, no need to be exact on this)
2 cups vegetable oil (I ran out once and used olive oil because that was all I had and it worked fine.)
2 ¼ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. (Again, a tad bit extra doesn’t hurt anything.)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts. (I never use the walnuts because I don’t like them.)
Now you are ready to mix and bake! Here’s what to do.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. (I use all different kinds of pans.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for about 40 to 60 minutes depending on what size pan you use. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Take the bread out of the pan and let it cool even longer.