Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Good Eats from Conquest

This is a dish I actually thought up myself.  I’m always looking for ways to shorten dinner preparation because I’m ALWAYS short on time.  My two crock pots are my best friends when it comes to cooking as they are perfect for saving time and energy.

Crock Pot Pork Casserole

Ingredients
Sliced Pork Loin (up to 10 pieces depending on crock size)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar/can beef gravy
1 can corn
1 pkg. onion soup mix
4 potatoes
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper

Place the sliced loin in the bottom of your crock.  In a separate bowl, mix the canned soup, gravy, and dry soup mix.  Add 1 can of water.  Cover the loin slices in mixture, salt and pepper lightly and cook on high for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, drain corn and dump into pot.  Clean potatoes (Pealing is not necessary. Your preference.)  Slice potatoes in quarter inch slices and press down into gravy mixture.  If you will not be eating for several hours, turn the crock down to medium.  If you intend to eat within two hours, leave it on high.
When you are ready to eat, stir pot and dish into bowls.  Spread the shredded cheese over each bowl to your preference.

My kids go nuts over this recipe.  I hope yours will enjoy it too!

~Conquest~
(Willow Cross)

No comments:

Post a Comment